Account Manager - Business Development
Starpoint Solutions is looking for a Business Development professional in our Providence office. This person will be responsible for new business development - calling on companies off all shapes and sizes in a variety of industries regarding Starpoint’s staffing solutions, as well as our project solutions, which include Custom Software Application Development, Predictive Data Analytics and ERP & Cloud Solutions. The ability to sell our project solutions in addition to staffing gives our Account Managers an edge above our competitors and also the opportunity to expand business with clients beyond staffing.
This is a great opportunity for a true sales “hunter” who is not afraid to pick up the phone and is comfortable speaking with clients at all levels within an organization. As a true business development professional, you’d rather be out of the office meeting with clients than sitting at a desk.
Previous staffing industry experience isn’t a must, but is a preference– candidates with Business-to-Business sales experience who have a desire to work in the application development services and staffing industry will be considered. We will provide an intensive training program to provide you with all of the information and tools you need to be successful. If you’re a good salesperson and are looking for an opportunity where the amount of money you make is a direct reflection of how hard you work, this is a great place for you. We have a great team, and an organization where hard work is rewarded well – we have competitive base salaries, plus an uncapped commission plan as well as a quarterly bonus plan and other bonuses.
Starpoint Solutions is a Yoh company (www.yoh.com). We've been in business since 1982, have 13 offices in the US and two offshore development centers in Moscow and Kiev, and have over 100 recruiters nationwide to support our business development professionals. We've worked with some of the world's top companies and have a 90% repeat business rate. We provide staffing solutions in the areas of IT, Finance & Accounting, and Marketing & Creative, and also provide project solutions in the areas of Custom Software Application Development, Predictive Data Analytics and ERP & Cloud solutions - the ability to cross-sell in each of these areas gives our Account Managers a much larger opportunity to be successful than in most staffing firms. For more information about Starpoint, please visit our website at www.starpoint.com.
- 2-5+ years of Business-to-Business sales experience
- Experience in the technology industry (staffing, IT products, application development, ERP, technology services, IT reseller, etc.) is a huge plus
- Demonstrated prospecting and phone skills, ability to develop initial contacts by phone
- Networking capabilities, ability to work a room
- Ability to generate leads and work those leads from a warm call to a prospective customer
- Polished presentation skills and personal appearance
- Motivated and driven, possess a strong desire to succeed
- Candidates must possess a car and be able to travel to client offices in both the city and suburbs
- Base salary plus uncapped commission and a bonus plan
- A solid benefits package including a medical plan with dental and vision care and a 401(k) plan
- Opportunities for growth exist for those successful candidates who have a desire to advance