HelpDesk, Desktop Support - Windows, LAN, Shift Work
- 1. Description:
Provide professional and efficient Levels I, II and III technical support to employees (customers) that are using our proprietary applications as well as other client-server applications. Diagnose and resolve hardware and workstation configuration problems, routing calls to other support areas as necessary, alerting management where critical.
- 2. Duties:
Duties of the incumbent include, but are not limited to:
- Use of tools, procedures, and customer relation techniques established for the Helpdesk/Desktop Support team to support customers through telephone, remote access and/or in-person visits to the customer’s workstation.
- Document all problems by providing a complete and accurate depiction of issues reported, and their resolutions, into our problem management system (Computer Associates Unicenter Service Desk.).
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and research problems, recommending solutions and escalating to the Desktop Engineering group or application support teams when necessary.
- Communicate known problems and fixes to team members and other technical groups, submitting knowledge solutions as needed, notifying management and end user communities where applicable.
- Analyze production reports and identify end user trends, making recommendations to management on proactive course of action.
- Distribute workstation images and individual software packages to end user computers via our software distribution facility (ManageSoft/SCCM).
- Occasional moving of computer equipment for office moves and new or visiting employees.
- Arranging for the procurement of replacement parts and or PCs from the appropriate hardware vendors.
- Possible travel to offices outside of New York facilities.
- Provide out of hours support via a firm on-call cell phone and remote access to our core network when the Helpdesk/Desktop Support and the OpsCenter is closed.
- The analyst will also need to exercise good judgment when dealing with sensitive employee security information, as well as company documentation, in keeping with corporate data security and compliance requirements.
- The analyst will be expected to evaluate data communicated by all areas, including end user communities, outside business entities, and IT, to establish business impact of a problem and decide the best course of action. This will include validation of system-wide impact and notification to all user communities and management of the known condition and the course of action taken
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3. Supervision:
The incumbent reports to Corporate Helpdesk/Desktop Support Manager and has some flexibility in identifying and initiating activities to achieve the objectives of the position. The incumbent is expected to be a “self-starter” who is able to create and carry out tasks assigned with a minimum of supervision.
- 1. Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a corporate support position in a technical environment with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot system problems.
- Knowledge of networking and the basics of LAN administration.
- An understanding of local and wide area networking protocols.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, a corporate HelpDesk ticketing system.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, specifically Windows NT, 2000, XP & 7
- Excellent oral and written skills to interface with all user/technical communities within firm.
- Understanding of financial business environments will increase the incumbent’s potential for success.
- Possess good time management/organization skills necessary to assist in developing IT processes/procedures and to manage own work queue, perform escalations, and assist in team projects.
- 2. Education:
At minimum, the incumbent must have a college degree in a technical field of study relevant to the position and demonstrate capability to operate in a highly technical environment.
Must have a Bachelors degree
Resume needs to be very polished and well written. Comm skills are key. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
No more than 2-6 years of experience.
Extensive background check - credit,drug,criminal,education,employment
Prefer US cits or GC with very good comm skills. US cits preferred.
- 1. Rotating Shift Support:
If selected for the Rotating Shift Support team, the candidate may be required to work 8 hour shifts for 5 days/week after normal business hours (between 6PM and 8AM weekdays and/or Saturday, Sunday including holidays). The assigned shift would be on a regular rotation through weekends and weekdays.
Will work each shift for 1 month, over 3 month period, then start the cycle over again. Need to be open to working both day time and night shifts.
Shifts are now on a monthly rotation rather than weekly