SAP Financials (FI/CO) Data Governance consutlant
(Briefly describe the main objectives and purpose of the job. Why does the job exist? What is it expected to accomplish?)
By the end of the SAP Information Steward deployment engagement EY must have
1) A fully operational instance of Information Steward that enables the implementation of the EY Data Governance strategy.
2) A sufficiently skilled team of EY analysts and data stewards that can utilise Information Steward to profile, monitor and report data quality, analyze and manage metadata, define and maintain data cleansing rules, link business terms and technical metadata, trace data lineage and perform information governance activities.
3) Supporting documentation to enable the continued operation of Information Steward and the expansion of the data governance scope of activities.
Key Responsibilities (Analytical/decision making/supervisory:
(Descrbe the tasks and responsibilities typically required in this role and the extent to which decisions might be me which will require interpersonal/judgement. What degree of supervision over others is required in this role?)
· Review the existing functional and non-functional requirements and ensure they contain all the pertinent design and architecture components to support the deployment of all key features of Information Steward including Data Insight, Metadata Management, Metapedia, Cleansing Package Builder and Match Review.
· Review and enhance current design and proposed architecture to ensure the most efficient integration with SAP Mercury Data Services and the Information Steward landscape including SAP Hana, BODS, SAP MDM, BW, PI/PO, etc.
· Review and enhance current design and proposed architecture to ensure the most efficient integration with non-SAP EY systems including GFIS, GIS, Profisee Maestro, PDW, PACE, and other co-existence data sources and environments.
· Optimize the configuration of IS to maximize benefits and value from the data governance program and ensure business needs have been met.
· Migrate existing data quality assessments and validation rules from current data governance framework to a reuseable and automated IS environment
· Review existing Business Data Glossary, Metadata repositories, Data Dictionaries and other EY data governance tools and enablers to idetify redundant content and overlapping features and functionality. Propose, design, and build an integrated and streamlined IS solution and data governance enablers.
Conduct training and create user guides – a set of documents that can be used by the EY analysts and data stewards to refer to after the engagement has completed. The documents should support the learning and knowledge transfer they will receive during the engagement (i.e. via “on the job” training) in order to ensure self-sufficiency going forward.